Etiquette Trainer Core Competencies
The following represent core competencies that every etiquette trainer should possess, and that etiquette trainer certification programs should teach:
- 1. Understanding and committing to the ethics of the etiquette trainer.
- 2. Establishing trust and rapport with clients.
- 3. Having knowledge of the rules of etiquette.
- 4. Teaching the rules of etiquette through engaging and accurate methods.
- 5. Effectively listening to and answering etiquette questions from clients.
- 6. Assessing clients to confirm that they have learned the material.
- 7. Responding to new etiquette issues and topics as technology and society continues to evolve.
- 8. Being active in the community as a leader and advocate for etiquette and fine social skills.