Code of Ethics
- I will act with the utmost civility, respect, professionalism, and integrity.
- I will not knowingly say or write anything that is untrue or misleading about what I offer as an etiquette trainer.
- I will accurately identify my etiquette training qualifications, expertise, experience, and certifications and credentials.
- I will not plagiarize other's work or represent other's work as my own.
- I will not discuss, write about, or in any way share personal or confidential information about my etiquette training clients. I will treat all interactions with clients with the strictest levels of confidentiality and discretion.
- I will not knowingly mislead or make false claims about what my client will receive from me as an etiquette trainer.
- I will honor all agreements or contracts made in the context of my relationships as an etiquette trainer and professional, including with vendors, clients, other etiquette trainers, and etiquette training companies.
- I will have a clear contract with clients for any training, coaching, or other services that describes fees, start and end dates, terminating the relationship, refund and cancellation policies.
- I will be responsible for setting clear, appropriate, and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern any physical contact I may have with my clients.
- I will suggest my client seek the services of other professionals when deemed necessary or appropriate.
As a Society of Certified Etiquette Trainers Etiquette Trainer, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to my etiquette training clients and sponsors, colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the Society of Certified Etiquette Trainers Code of Ethics, and to practice these standards with those whom I work and train.
If I breach this Pledge or any part of the Society of Certified Etiquette Trainers Code of Ethics, I agree that the Society of Certified Etiquette Trainers in its sole discretion may hold me accountable for so doing. I further agree that my accountability to the Society of Certified Etiquette Trainers for any breach may include sanctions, such as loss of my Society of Certified Etiquette Trainers Credentials.